Friday, February 6, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box

The Walmart Beauty box (WBB) is a quarterly subscription box that sends you a selection of beauty products that can be found in their stores. 

Cost: $5 (free shipping)

When this showed up on my door, I was actually a little surprised. I forgot that I had ordered it. I guess that's the good thing about quarterly boxes. They're even more of a surprise. This was my first time receiving the WBB, so I didn't really know what to expect. It was only $5 though, so I figured that even if I didn't like it, I wasn't going to be out much money. 


The first look was not all that exciting. It was definitely very "Walmart." I tend to enjoy boxes that have a simpler, more understated design, so this wasn't my favorite. Walmart's purpose in sending these is really just advertising though, and I think they have accomplished that, at least. Unlike other boxes, the information card did not list any details about the items in the box. Even though the samples were all familiar and straightforward, it would be a nice inclusion. I'm not sure if everyone receives the same items in their box or not. 


Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes (Value $3.00)
These were my favorite item in the box. I'm already a big Burt's fan, but I hadn't used these before. Sometimes facial towelettes are flimsy and scratchy, but these were really soft and thick. The smell was nice and clean, but not overpowering. I traveled for work a few weeks ago, and these were great to throw in my bag and use to freshen up after a long day of meetings.

Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash (Value ~$0.50)
I haven't used this yet, but I've used similar Dove body washes before. It's just okay, but nothing I'm super stoked about.

Aveeno Daily Moisturing Lotion (Value ~$1.00)
I really like Aveeno products and I can't ever seem to have enough lotion, so this was a great addition to the box. I've used this product before and it's great for the super-dry skin I tend to get this time of year. 

Covergirl Colorlicious Lip Gloss- Juicy Fruit, Full Size (Value $5.94)
I'm usually not a Covergirl fan at all, so I really expected to give this away. Happily, when I tried it I was impressed. The color is a very faint pink color with the tiniest bit of shimmer. The gloss isn't as sticky as I expected, and it goes on pretty smooth. The thing I like most about this is the awesome smell. I wish it lasted a bit longer, but I'm not going to complain since it was free. I'm not sure I'd buy the product on it's own, but I was happy to get it in the box. 


Loreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo and Conditioner (Value ~$0.25)

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo & Conditioner (Value ~$0.50)

Samples like this are always handy to keep around, but neither of these are anything to write home about, as far as samples go. I like the John Frieda brand and have bought it before. I'll use the Loreal, but probably wouldn't buy it on it's own.




Misc perfume samples (Value unknown)
I use a very specific perfume and don't really venture far from that. I will probably stash these away for a future giveaway. I'm not crazy about receiving perfume samples in general, but especially not these tiny cardboard-backed kind. I'm not putting a value on this, because these are an afterthought to me. 

Overall, the WBB is pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be. I don't know if I'll order this again, since I really like to experience new products in my subscription boxes. I did get at least my $5 worth though, so I'm satisfied. 
The overall value of the Winter WBB was approximately $11.19.

Have you tried the WBB before? What did you think?
Disclaimer: The Boxanista paid for this subscription box. All opinions are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment