Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Awaiting my first Stitch Fix

I just scheduled my first Stitch fix for the first week in February. I'm really excited, but a little bit nervous, too. My good friend said she was going to order along with me, so I should have some support. 

When I ordered my fix, it let me add a short note to my stylist: 



I love how much interaction you can have with your stylist. To give mine a better idea of what I look like, as well as the things I'm interested in, I updated my style board on Pinterest. On my style board, I also included a few pictures of me in some of my favorite outfits that I've worn recently. 



No, those pink shoes and that blue ball gown are NOT realistic. A girl can dream though, right? 

I do have a few hesitations about Stitch Fix:

  • Price: I don't mind paying a bit more for quality pieces, but some of the items tend to be more than I would normally spend on some items.
  • What if I get a ton of pieces that are similar to ones I already own?
  • Sizing: I'm right on the verge of the higher end of Stitch Fix's available sizes. Hopefully I'm not too chunky to make it work. 
  • Personal preference: I know the whole point is to step outside my comfort zone, but what if the stylist and I have wildly different ideas about fashion? What if she (I'm assuming gender here) wants me to wear zebra striped leggings and a fluorescent yellow tunic? Not happening.
  • What if I like everything? I'm sort of going in assuming that I will hate the choices. When I go into a store, I generally try on 5 or 10 things with the hopes that I'll like even one. I NEVER like everything. I'm not sure I can drop $250 if I end up liking it all. Let's hope for restraint!
Even with these hesitations, I'm going in with an open mind. I figure that it's $20 and if I don't buy anything, I've only spent the cost of a meal out. Let's hope it works! 

Have you tried Stitch Fix yet? What was your experience with it? If you want to sign up, you can click here. (In full disclosure, if you sign up using my link, I'll receive a $25 credit toward my next fix.)

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links.



No comments:

Post a Comment