Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January Graze Box Review

January Graze Box


Graze is a foodie subscription box that sends you 4 different snacks to try. Each box is a surprise- you can't pick your exact items, but you are able to customize it somewhat by opting to not receive certain items. One of the things I like about Graze is that you can decide how often you want to receive your boxes. They can be sent as frequently as once a week, or you can pause them to come less frequently. I decided to do mine once a month.

Each box costs $6.99.


I thought this was pretty cute. I'm definitely glad to receive the warning so that I didn't dump the snacks all over. I guess it wouldn't matter too much though, because they're all sealed in plastic. One of my favorite things about Graze is the packaging- it's simple, clean, and recyclable. Yay for being yummy and eco-friendly!


Graze has a great rewards program. When you refer a friend and they order their first box, you receive a box for free. You can share instantly on social media using your individual link, or you can hand out these little cards. When your friend signs up, they'll receive their 1st and 5th boxes for free.

Graze includes a nutritional information card. This is great if you're watching what you eat. I receive what Graze calls their "Calorie Counter" box each month. Every snack portion in the calorie counter is under 150 calories. They also have a regular box, and are going to be debuting a "Sharing Box" very soon. 



The four snacks are individually wrapped so that they don't spill, and so that all smells/flavors are contained. I'm not sure that it always happens this way, but both of my boxes so far have had 2 savory and 2 sweet options. 


Fruity Mango Chutney- This was really tasty and I would definitely eat it again. I liked the balance of spiciness and sweetness from the mango. The little peppered dippers they included were okay, but nothing to write home about. I wish that the chutney was a little bit more uniform. I liked the chunkiness, but there quite a few chunks of really spicy pieces of something. It wasn't a happy surprise.

Tropical Daqiuiri- We didn't like this one at all. The rating in the picture above says I want to try it, but after taking the screen shot, I trashed it. The fruit had a very artificial lime flavor, like a cheap piece of hard lime candy. Yuck. 


Mississippi BBQ Pistachios- This was our favorite snack of the bunch. It might have been all in my head, but the pistachios tasted like really clean, great quality nuts. I like bbq, but I'm not always a fan of other bbq flavored foods. (I hate bbq potato chips.) These didn't have an overwhelming bbq flavor. It was more of a subtle smoky taste. I would order these on their own, and I'd be happy to get them again. 

Jelly Doughnut- Who doesn't like a jelly doughnut? This was an interesting blend. It had little fruity pieces, fruity ropes, nuts, and cookie wafers. The overall flavor was good when you ate it together, but I wish there were a few more of the cookie pieces.

So far I've really loved receiving our Graze boxes. We've enjoyed it as an at home mini-date night opportunity. I would highly recommend this for yourself or even a friend. A warning though- the snacks aren't enough to really fill you up if you just graze on them bit by bit. They just offer a fun tasting opportunity. If you want to sign up, you can click here and get your 1st and 5th boxes for free. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I pay for this subscription box, but the post does contain referral links. If you sign up, I will receive a free box. That works for me if it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment