Monday, January 12, 2015

January Ipsy Review

Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that sends 4-5 items curated around a central theme and the user's feedback. The cost is $10, and shipping is FREE. 

This was my first time getting an Ipsy delivery. I've been on the waiting list for over a month, so I was pretty excited when I got an email saying my glam bag had shipped. 
The bright pink bubble mailer is pretty eye-catching. I definitely saved this to use for the future. (Yep, I'm that person... at least in the case of shiny pink office supplies.


First look: I didn't take a separate picture of the bag, but I think you get the idea from the picture below. Each month, Ipsy sends a new bag to go along with their monthly theme. This month's theme is "Fresh Start." The bag itself was just sort of eh for me. The blue is really pretty, but it's just white on the other side. It's made of a rubbery textured plastic, so I think it will hold up pretty well. I've been needing a new bag for a few small items in my gym bag. I think this will work great.




Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush (Value $9.99)
Decent quality makeup brushes are always a great addition, so I was glad to get this. The bristles are soft, the handle is comfortable, and the length is great.



Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm (Value $6.87) 
I don't really get much mojito smell or taste to this, which might be good for some people. Personally, I wish there was a bit more flavor. It went on nicely and seems to make my lips pretty smooth. It's nice, but I probably won't buy the full size. 

BellaPierre Eyeshadow (Full Size)- Exite (Value: $14.99)
At first, I was worried that this would be really overwhelmingly shiny. It is definitely overwhelming if you use too much. I dialed it down and used it over the top of the Pacifica shadow, and it was great. 
 Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow (Value ~$5.00)
This color looks really dark, but when paired with the BellaPierre shadow above, it's just about perfect. It's definitely very beachy, but could be really versatile. It ends up giving my eyes a nice subtle earthy glow. Below is a picture of the two of them together. Keep in mind that I don't really have any other makeup on, and it was REALLY hard to take a picture of my own eyes closed with my big camera. 

Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream (Value ~$15)
This is a nice, smooth, cooling eye cream. Since I just got it, I can't report it's long term benefits, but I'll definitely be putting this to use. I wasn't really sure of the value, so I had to estimate. It hasn't been released on the website yet, but I am judging based on the cost of other products on the website. It does look like this will be the full size they offer when it becomes available sometime this month. 

Overall, I was REALLY pleased with my first Ipsy glam bag. My products are all either full sized or at least deluxe samples. The packaging was great, and the website has so far worked really well. The total value of this glam bag was around $66.85! (That's if I did my math correctly and the estimations are close.) Either way, I think it's an excellent deal. I'll definitely be looking for my pink bubble mailer next month. 

If you want to join Ipsy, you can click here. If you join using my link, I will receive 250 Ipsypoints to use toward free samples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment